Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sofifi Clinic

100_1338 

So sorry it has been so long the internet once again has been HORRIBLE, but is all good. These are some pictures from the actual town of Sofifi where we had our main clinic which was in the hospital there that consisted of like 5 rooms, and a single story.

Above was our team of doctors at the clinic, they were fun. We had one Australian guy and a British woman so it was cool and very global :D.

 

100_1290 

I took a picture of these women and then they wanted to take a picture with me so i came over and they like engulfed me, and were laughing a lot. It was kinda funny and they were sooo cute!

 

100_1283

Cute Muslim family!

100_1299

These kids were watching our ship come in and seemed to be pretty fascinated by it.

100_1286 

The dental part of the clinic where they pull teeth all day. It kinda gave me the weebeegebees so I tried to avoid going in there. The patients were tough though and I rarely heard screaming in there so it seemed to be doing more good than bad :P

 

100_1280

These are the glasses pts got, it was pretty cool.

100_1276

So apparently this area is pretty famous for spices (they are called the “spice” islands) and I saw this right out side our clinic so I thought how cool! I then went to ask what spice it was and they happily told me that it was cloves they use to flavor cigarettes, seeing that everyone smokes here I wasn’t surprised but it was unfortunate, ha.

100_1278

So as i was taking the spice picture I looked over and saw this mom waving her little boys hand at us, they were sooo cute so i had to take a picture. Apparently people live just about anywhere here including right next to the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment