Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Joyful life at sea!

So life at sea has been joyful bliss! This has been my 3rd day out to sea and most of what life has been consisting of is walking up stairs, eating, going to classes, waking down stairs and then up stairs and then eating some more and then walking up more stairs. Its great. I sleep in a huge berthing women floor which consists of about 200 beds all stacked in a 3 level bunk bed fashion. I sleep on the bottom bunk which I am grateful for even if I basically have to roll in and out of it. If I can get some pictures to download, then I will post one. There is also only 5 showers for the whole berthing place, so it makes things exciting as well. There are also no blow driers or curling irons allowed. Meaning I wear my hair back all day long and basically my bangs do their own thing (if you can imagine). I also lost my face wash which was very saddening and spend most of the day sweating like crazy because of the lovely humidity and heat (yes there is supposedly air condition, but you know now that goes..). This has unfortunately as you can imagine hindered my joyful search for “you know who” a little I think, but I am holding out for an Indonesia man anyways! Besides most of the doctor dudes here are either old, married, or women, so its all good. Last night I tried a Zumba class for the first time and although my hips don’t have to ability to move like Shakera by any means, its way fun and entertaining to watch others so I think I will do it again.

Today we pull up to Jakarta to get translators and meds. However, we will not be getting off the ship until we hit our next spot in Indonesia on the 13th so it’s a little wait, but I’m excited! The people here are really cool and the LDS group is awesome! So many amazing people that just make me want to be a better person. Anyway I think that’s about it for now. Right now my clothes are hanging on top of the ship drying from premetherin treatment, so I don’t get bugs. Like I said before the internet is crazy slow so I will try to post some pictures, please bear with me. Talk to ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. what an adventure! (I also feel the same way about zumba)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You know who" will love the crazy bangs!!! :) haha

    ReplyDelete