Friday, July 23, 2010

Traveling to Sofifi

Hey to all those who are following my blog, i am finally back from Sofifi and had an AMAZING but very tiring time. In the five days i was there I saw 286 patients. With my busiest day seeing 70. It was good though. I saw lots of kids along with many old people when the kids ran out. Its amazing how kids are kids all over the world and how much they really are the same  no matter were you go. Anyways I have a million pictures, so Ill try to post the ones that are my favorite.

 

100_1295

So we stayed on Australian LCHs that were little ships with about a 20 person crew. I’m not gonna lie when I heard we were going to stay with some Australian navy guys I was pretty excited (if you know what i mean ;) but when we got on there they were all really young and scrawny, so that was unfortunate I mean come on, navy men should be hot and buff right??, we apparently not in Australia…oh well they were really funny though so it was good entertainment, ha.

100_1249

This was were i slept. It was called the conex box which was basically like an big freezer (it even had a freezer handle)  with 6 bunks in it, so it was nice and cozy and made my bunk on the Mercy look like a luxury bed; but hey it had a moderate AC, and was much better than the tent cots everyone else had to sleep in outside.

100_1309

These are the tent cots, unfortunately they were not water proof which I thought was funny seeing its the navy and they should be like prepared for anything right? ha.

 

100_1315

Inside the ship it was pretty small and cut. This is the eating place where they had 2 chefs and AMAZING food! We ate well that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment