Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tourism Indonesia style!

Yesterday I got the opportunity to do a liberty tour and experience the lovely tourism of Indonesia.  To get there we rode the military “band aid boat” (which is basically a combo of a speed boat/fishing boat) for about 30-40 minutes to the pier. We then hopped on this little wooden boat that looked like it was homemade with a little room with a toilet in it, it was kinda funny and I was like are you kidding me? I just laughed. We then rode for about ½ a hour over to an amazingly beautiful island called  Kakara Island.  Once there we spent the day snorkeling on this reef that was along the shore and exploring the island. It was amazingly awesome and like a little paradise. The locals that were there were soo nice, but there were only a few of them. It was a much appreciated stop.  It was funny because I have been on the ship sooo long, it was weird to walk on something that didn’t rock back and forth. At times I felt myself swaying, I must have looked like I was a little drunk or something..ha.

100_1149

The boat we road to get to the island, luxurious i know!

100_1197

The island, not to shabby ay?

 

100_1183

Snorkeling!!!

100_1171 100_1174

Our lunch consisted of fried bananas and fried peanuts, and mmm coconut!

100_1179

Yes I know it looks like a bug, but its actually a hermit crab. They had them everywhere!! There would be a pile of shells and 1/2 of them would be moving at one point, it was kinda funny and pretty cool.

 

100_1201

Kids out on the reef trying to spear fish. At one point they were doing it in an area I was snorkeling and it was fun to watch them in the water.

2 comments: