Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ambon

Hello my blogging following folk! Sorry I have been slacking off a little bit on my bloggingness but between the not so good internet, being pretty busy, and the lack of motivation to write anything I’ve gotten a little bit behind I suppose so ill just sum past week or so in a nut shell. We have spent the last week or so in the city of Ambon or island or what ever it is. There I did some exciting thing. I got to pet some sacred eels and climbed up a mountain to see the sacred jar or some called it the devils urn  (we couldn’t quite figure which it was, hopefully it wasn't evil….).  We also went to a restaurant called the pandorama that had an awesome view of the city and had cool fish(for the most part) and good food.  I drank a fruit drink made out or something that sounded like Gonorrhea fruit that was surprisingly really good, I know your jealous, ha.  (I think it was actually some kind of mango fruit, hopefully…). I also got to go see some hot springs and attempted to do a little bit of shopping. However, at that point we did not have a translator and man you’d think Indonesians would be good bargainers but they weren't, so sadly it was kind of a loss cause. In addition, one night I went to the navy band concert. They were actually pretty good and they played all sorts of stuff from Michael Jackson to black eyed peas. It kinda reminded me of something you’d see at lagoon or Disneyland though so it made me kind of laugh.

Besides the playing part yes I did work (I know you were all wondering that I am sure). I worked at 2 different medcap sights while I was there. One was in a new hospital that was actually pretty nice and the other was at a sports park. It was kind crazy because it was a larger city and in both places there were TONS of people there so it was a lot different than the smaller sights i had been to. In fact the day before I went to the sports park the crowd got out of control and was doing crazy things so they had to stop the clinical site early. Luckily when I got there  it was a lot more peaceful (or at least peacefuller than they were the day before). It was fun though and I got to see lot of children and interesting things. The people seemed a lot more healthier and a little less poor so that was good.  

Here are some pictures:

 

100_1499

ooo sacred eels, they were very friendly I thought. But one of my friends went there the next day and got bit, so maybe they just liked me…..

100_1463 IMG_2054 100_1462

mmmm WAY yummy fish!!                         um lets just say not so yummy fish…      Yes gonorrhea juice!!

 

 

100_1540  100_1544

Me at the sacred? jar.                             View from the top of the mountain with the jar, it was amazing!

1 comment: