Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The blue mountains and the beautiful city of Sydney

Going back to visit the blue mountains and Sydney was awesome. 1st because I LOVE those places and second because we had the most amazing weather. I think that was one of heavenly fathers little tender mercies, and I was grateful :). At first when we got to Sydney I think were we had a little bit of weather shock because it was winter there and we had been use to humidity, humidity, humidity, hot weather, and more humidity so to be cold was something we hadn’t felt for ages and something I didn’t think I would ever feel again. Luckily as I said it was sunny and not too bad, so we survived and my lips didn’t even turn purple!

The first thing we did in the blue mountains was go down a mine shaft in the steepest train the world. We then went on some hikes and rode 2 different over hanging rails back up the mountain and across the mountains. It was a pretty dang high but it was beautiful and luckily I wasn’t even too scared :). In addition we also revisited some old waterfalls I had seen and such so that made me happy and brought back some joyful memories.

IMG_4065 IMG_4088

IMG_4128IMG_4119 

 

Sydney was a beautiful as ever! We got to go on the bridge and some of my crazy or maybe I should say more adventurous friends actually climbed to the top of it! We also rode a ferry to Manly and went to the biotical gardens. It was a great day!

IMG_4156

 

Then that night I actually got to go to an Opera in the Sydney Opera house! It was amazing and really cool. I had never been to an opera before so it was interesting to see it. It was funny because the plot was very simplistic and kind of a silly but then they sang and sang and sang about the same like 3 things over and over again. It made me laugh and it was just fun to experience the whole ambiance of opera house. We then caught the train and after getting off and being lost in a creepy neighborhood for a while we finally made it back to the hotel. It was a fun night.

100_1707 100_1716

 

The next day we hoped on a plane and made the lovely journey back home. I am now sitting on my couch and cannot believe its finally over!  I know a lot of you guys wanna see my pictures so I am eventually gonna fix my bog, attempt to post some thought provoking conclusions, add more pictures, and once they are some what organized post some pictures on facebook as well so stay in tune! I haven’t seen ya, hopefully Ill see ya soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment