Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saying goodbye to Indonesia

So today is the last day on the ship. We arrive in Darwin, Australia today at 10 am and I get to say goodbye to the beloved Indonesia. Reflecting back on the past month it has been an amazing experience! Maybe a little different than I would have expected but very good. Working with the Navy has been quite unique and although they were a lovely group of people I am greatful to go back to normal civilian life and am greatful I have now completely cleared any tiny desire I may have had in the deep back part of my mind to even join the navy, no offence to them of course :).

Yesterday was a good day and although I am still in morning for turing the old age of 27 I had fun. I got to serve food in the kitchen, see a beautiful sunset, look at the stars from the tower on the ship deck finally (it has been too cloudy most days), got lots of candy and an eye lens, and most importantly got 2 bells which made me very happy because I couldn't find one in indonesia. One of which was made out of a cereal bowel which if you know me was a double or maybe a triple bonus!

The next couple of days should be good and I will try to post something if I can. Since some of my friends decited stay in Sydney for a few days, they talked me into it as well. I figured it would be nice of me to stick around to show them some things there, purly as a service opportunity of course. Plus I alwyas seem to give into peer pressure ;). Well I think thats about it, talk to many of you soon!

1 comment: